Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review these policies and procedures. We look forward to the opportunity to serve all your orthopaedic needs!
How to Have a Great Visit With Us
- Please bring your insurance card
- Please assemble and bring with you all records relevant to your condition or injury such as records from other physicians, copies of Xrays, MRIs or other electro diagnostic studies. Also, if you are taking any medications, list the names and dosages.
- Before your visit, take a minute to write down when your problem started, how it began, where and how it bothers you the most. This will help both you and the doctor get the most out of your time.
In the event of an emergency, refer to the guidelines set out by your insurance company. If you go to the hospital emergency room, ask them to contact your physician or the covering physician. If the situation is not severe and arises while the office is closed, please contact us and the answering service will notify the physician on call.
If you have questions concerning your care, please call the office. The staff is well trained to answer most questions. If your call requires that you speak to the doctor, please leave a message and the doctor will return your call at the earliest opportunity. Should you have an urgent question while the office is closed, call us and the answering service will promptly contact your doctor or the covering physician.
If you are a current patient with a new condition, please notify our staff and we will direct you to the appropriate specialist. New conditions often require prior authorization to be treated. Without authorizations, your appointment may be delayed. Learn more about insurance authorization.
We ask that you please refrain from using your cell phone while in with the doctor.
Office Policy for Filling out Forms
- Please allow 48 hours for all forms to be completed. We will strive to do this in a shorter time frame but that is not always possible.
- We would be happy to fax out forms, mail them to you, or arrange for pickup, whichever you wish.
- If you would like us to mail out forms directly for you, please make sure they are signed, completed and dated in advance.
- For disability papers involving surgery, forms will be filled out after the procedure. Surgery procedure codes are required and these are not always known until the operation is completed.
- Please allow 48 to 72 hours for chart copies. There’s a $15 charge for the copying of medical records.
- If we are referring you to another physician, there will be no charge for copying or mailing of your medical records.