Surgery of the Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Forearm
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Basil R. Besh, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in hand, wrist & elbow conditions.
Dr. Besh is one of the few hand surgeons in the Bay Area with a Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand. This certificate is available for surgeons who demonstrate significant qualifications in the subspecialty area through additional training, have a practice focused only on hand, wrist and elbow conditions and who have made important contributions to the field of hand surgery.
Dr. Besh is passionate about healthy hands. Hundreds of patients from all walks of life travel to be treated by him because he recognized as a top hand surgeon in the Bay Area. Dr. Besh takes the time to understand each patient’s unique circumstances in order to recommend the best treatment option for the specific injury.
Treatment options include many non surgical options such as exercises, oral anti-inflammatory medication and physical therapy.
Regardless of how complicated the problem or complex the injury, Dr. Besh is committed to finding a solution for each patient.
Please visit his personal website for more information on Dr. Besh and specific hand, wrist and elbow conditions.
- Undergraduate Studies
Columbia University School of Engineering, Valedictorian
- Medical Degree
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Orthopaedic Surgery at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases
Emmanuel Kaplan Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand
- 11 years experience focused on Orthopaedic hand conditions
- Worked with New York Mets & New York Knicks
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award, 2014
- Vitals Top 10 Hand Surgeons in California Award, 2014
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award, 2013
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award, 2012
- East Bay’s Best Doctors, 2012
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award, 2010
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award, 2009
- Vitals On-Time Physician Award, 2009
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award, 2008
- Board of Councilors, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board of Directors, California Orthopaedic Association
- Leadership Fellows Program, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board of Directors, Western Orthopaedic Association